Remodeling or renovating is a time-tested way to rejuvenate your home. You can make your home look like new by installing the latest fittings, accessories and furnishings. You can also remodel your home to change its overall configuration by completely demolishing and replacing your current structure, or by making slight changes in the structure or cosmetics of the house.
People generally look forward to renovating or remodeling their homes. They are excited to have extra storage space, to give a fresh look to their home, to make room for a baby or any other new member in the family, or to increase the value of the property. There are quite a lot of reasons that can lead you to go for renovation or remodeling of your home.
Process of Remodeling a Home
It is important to follow a process while remodeling or building a house. It ensures the process goes smoothly, and that your project is completed within budget and by deadline.
- Planning – You need a proper plan in place before you start any work. You should have a clear understanding about the exact work that you need and you must define your expectations of your chosen contractor.
- Budgeting – It is important to keep a budget in mind. Get quotes from a number of contractors before you make your final decision. Give yourself wiggle room by setting an overall price of 10-20 percent higher than what is actually required to complete the project.
- Hiring a contractor – Once you have checked the quotes and researched past projects done by your preferred contractors, hire the one that best suits you and your project. Make sure to sign an agreement with the contractor to avoid ambiguity and conflicts in the future.
- Securing permits and materials required – It is the responsibility of the contractor to check for required regulations and permits, if any. Once you get the necessary permits, you can start ordering the material required for the project.
- Demolition – The action starts here. The contractor brings crews to your project site and starts demolition of the structure. In case of simple renovation like painting a home, demolition would mean removing the previous paint from the walls.
- Restructuring – This is the most important phase of the whole project. Restructuring includes the installation of various fittings like electrical outlets, plumbing systems, and air conditioning in the walls, as well as the construction of additional walls, installation of cabinets, ceiling repairs, painting, and laying flooring.
- Finishing – During this last step, your team will do their final touch-ups. This involves cleaning the house, putting up the furniture and curtains, and making it feel like home again.
When you choose Torres Renovations, LLC over other remodeling companies in Maryland, you are choosing a stress-free renovation project. All you have to do is connect with us, discuss your needs and expectations with our consultants, and leave the rest to us. We will take care of everything from planning to finishing. Torres Renovations is a one-stop solution for all your construction-related concerns. Our mission is to give our clients their dream homes without the wait or added expense.